what Hijab means to me

Monday, November 12, 2012 - written by the Queen, Unknown
What Hijab means to me?

Hijab or I prefer calling it tudung (yes. I'm old school/traditional liddat!) is a cover for me. Not just covering my head with a piece or 2 pieces or even 3 for some occasion of cloth. It's more than just a cover to the head. It's more like a shield to you. *teneeeng! kluar shield sbijik mcm iklan susu budak*

Some may say 'takdelah lindung sangat! Pakai tudung mcm tu aurat pon tak tutup! Dada nmpak jugak!' Well, at least there's a start right? It's better than nothing at all. I always believe in we have to start small and be big in the end. Don't start big and 'kempis' afterwards. 

I started wearing tudung since i was 12 and it's been 10 years. I've been struggling with myself about to wear or not continuing wearing it. I'm not kidding. It's true. I'm just a human who is so easily swayed. Seeing some of my friends who let their hair run free (aiceh) makes me think 'ouh nk bukak jugaklaaa'. haha~ it's funny thinking about it now. 

Alhamdulillah I'm blesses since i didn't do it. 

I got a few advice for those who still feels like they don't know whether to put it on or not. Still in dilemma I guess?  
  • Once you determine in putting tudung on for good, please be good and do so. This is because you need to be persistent! If not then it's not easy to do it again. 
  • If you feel scared, put your tudung on everytime you want to go out at least 3 times in a row. This is because when you're used to it then you will feel awkward going out without it. But result may differ!
  • Be strong girl. I know you can do it.
I think this is it for now. I'll share more next time~
Lastly, 

aiceh~ saja fefeelin~